SHINGLES!!! aarrgghh!!
If you've read Sarah's blog, you'll know what I'm talking about. I told some of the nurses at work that I've got one daughter who just got over shingles, and one who is just starting with shingles. Since stress can help bring this monster out, I am now being accused of causing so much stress with my kids that they're getting shingles.
Sorry if I'm stressing you guys out.
I'm starting to itch--just thinking about it.
Now for the JJQOTW:
Was there a teacher who had a great influence on you or motivated you to be a better person? Describe them and what they taught you.
There have been so many. (HEY--how do I get this thing off BOLD??)
Miss Fox, AP English in High School--always challenged me, and I loved her class, except when she made us write journals (private, no one would see) in class--and I filled it with things like "I'm sitting here and she thinks I'm writing something great in my journal".
My 1st grade teacher, can't remember her name. But she taught us to read phonetically, before that was popular. The kids from that class were reading at about 600 words/minute in Jr. High, while others were struggling.
Mrs. Bone, 4th grade--taught me the counties in Utah. Tony still cringes when I start singing "Beaver, Carbon, Davis, Morgan, Daggett, Millard and Duchesne. Iron, Uinta, Rich and Summit. Garfield, Cache, Piute, and Kane. Wasatch, Washington, and Weber, Sanpete, San Juan, Salt Lake, Wayne. Juab, Box Elder, Grand, Tooele. Sevier and Emery, Utah train."
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember you singing that counties song. I think I even remember the tune.
I swear mom if you give me shingles.....
Post a Comment