Monday, October 20, 2008

Mesquite trip




We just got back from our quick trip to Mesquite, Nevada. Brody and his family and Liz and her family went with us. We spent a couple nights in Mesquite, did a day trip to Las Vegas to hit the Coca Cola store and M&M World, hit a couple buffets (including Friday Night All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet!), and just hung out together. It was great getting to know the family better.

Ellie and Rachel are now best buds! They are only one month apart, and both are scooting, crawling, or peg legging all over the place!

We had a close call on the way home. We had Ellie in our car with Liz following in her car, and were just at the American Fork exit, when we blew a tire at freeway speeds. Tony got us safely to the side of the road, but all we could think about was the baby. I grabbed her out of the car and took her to Liz, who had pulled over too.

And now for the JJQOTW:

What is your favorite food along with a recipe.

Tough!! I will go along with Julie and Sarah--chocolate!! But I do think I have a new most favorite recipe!!

Chocolate Pate (pat-ay)

Climb in your car, Drive to Jackson Lake Lodge (In the Tetons)
Go inside the lodge and up the stairs to the restaurant
(make sure you go during the summer season!)
Sit down, order your Chocolate Pate.
Sit back and ENJOY the best ever chocolate dessert.

Seriously, if you want a real recipe, here's one that all the kids loved. It's a bar cookie recipe called:

Felicia's Friends

1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. shortening
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c. flour
1 c. uncooked oats

Mix all together in a bowl, spread in a 9 X 13 pan (it's thick, and will spread pretty thinly). Bake for 15-25 minutes at 350 degrees, til lightly browned on top. Cool, frost with (homemade) chocolate frosting. Cut into bars.




2 comments:

Sarah E. said...

I just had to make that! I forgot all about it! Yummy! Thanks for the reminder.

Seth and Julie said...

I am glad you made it home safely. I bet Liz was shaking like crazy. I thought it was funny that we all posted junk food as our favorites. No wonder my kids have such a sweet tooth. It runs in the family.