Thursday, October 9, 2008


OK--the Journal Jar question is:

Name a book you loved and why.

For me also, this is a hard one. I'd rather read than work, play, watch TV, eat (oops not that!)--but you get the picture. It's hard to narrow it down.
When we go anywhere, I visit thrift stores for books--I found a few in Jackson this summer. I will read anything that's clean and easy. One of my all-time favorites is: "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. Yeah, it's a kids book, but I think it's more for moms. I can't read it without bawling!. I love this book!
I also like Louis L'Amour--his books are short, easy, clean, and the hero always wins. And Tony Hillerman--his books feature the Southwest and Native Americans--again they are easy to read, clean, and there's usually a hero who wins. I enjoy almost everything in the Reader's Digest Condensed Books--corny, but that's me! I will start to read a book, then realize that I know the ending.
Tony said he doesn't read--he really doesn't read just for the enjoyment, but he did get "Spy Chips" and enjoyed it--about how everything now has or will have microscopic chips that will track you, your purchases, everything! Grandma L always sends me the books she has read, then I send 'em back to her, so we have our own little book club!

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Your post reminded me that I have never read Love You Forever to my kids. I will have to pick it up at the library tomorrow. Seth does not read for fun either. He even listens to the Book of Mormon on CD while he drives.

Emily said...

I LOVE Love You Forever! SO cute!

I like the Readers Digest too. Haven't read any lately but they are fun.

Me said...

I'm with you as far as bawling when reading that book. I read it to my students every year and every year I cry and every year they just sit in total silence. It's kindof a moment for us.