Friday, February 11, 2011

Update

Tony got to Cleveland Thursday night, and was able to spend time with his mom. She knew who he was and was able to carry on a conversation with him--although sometimes what she was saying made sense only to her! Today, she's not as alert. He said he finally has to admit that she is "bedridden", and will never get better. But he has this time to be with his folks, and he is finding that it is precious. The only glitch in the trip--he packed his dress pants and shoes, a white shirt and a tie. And only white socks. Was headed to Target when I spoke with him so he could buy a pair of black socks!

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Well, at least black socks are not hard to find. I think considering the last minute arrangements it took to get him out there, you both did remarkably well. I am so glad his mother was still lucid for him and he has this time with his parents. Please give him our love.