Wednesday, July 31, 2013
ROAD TRIP!! First night on the road to Wisconsin. We were going to camp at the Cabela's campground but didn't know how late we would be so got a room at this great 50's style motel just up the road from cabelas in Sidney Nebraska. Had great reviews. Very small rooms, no pool, no continental breakfast. Just very clean rooms. A friendly host. AND a breakfast--boiled eggs from their own free-range chickens (I am buying a dozen to take with us tomorrow), fresh baked muffins (made and baked by the host), honey from their own bees, fresh jam and butter, and milk or juice. We wanted to get several hours east and then wind our way thru Nebraska and Iowa Thursday and Friday. Friday night camping in Madison then on to Green Bay to meet Seth and family. Fun times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hooray for you! I love love love road trips! All we're doing it seems is flying anymore, and I miss the road trips. Just don't seem to have the time to drive anywhere right now, but retirement is coming. I think.
That sounds like a perfect hotel. Stay safe. And have a wonderful time with that terrific family of yours!
Post a Comment