Wednesday, June 5, 2013



It's been a hectic couple of weeks, but here are just a few of the pictures I took.  I got to go to Wisconsin and watch 3 wonderful children and to share in a few of their activities.  I got to see Alyssa skate in the Ice Show, watch Alex at Tae Kwon Do, and take Chloe for her ballet pictures (I'll miss her performance--it's in the next couple weeks).  I was even adopted by Bernie (the dog)!
I flew into Rock Springs on a Friday about 10:30, went home, washed one load of whites, showered, and we packed a bag and headed to one of our favorite places.



We stayed in Teton Village, and hiked our legs off.  Most of the time we were the oldest people we saw on the trails.  Then Sunday we headed to Yellowstone for our annual pilgrimage, and to go to church up there--another annual pilgrimage, either in Yellowstone or the Tetons.  Since church in the Tetons started at 2 pm this year (5 pm last year), we figured we'd hit the Yellowstone one.  Oops--it doesn't start there for a couple more weeks.  So--top picture is Artist's Point, middle picture is on the trail to Hidden Falls, and bottom is Hidden Falls.  We were able to hike to Inspiration Point and then took Cascade Canyon (my fave) until snow on the trail turned us back.
All in all it was a great time! But then I went to work Tuesday (first day back in a week and a half) only to get the call that my dad was in the hospital.  I felt I needed to be there, so went home and packed again.  I was able to spend the week with my mom and be there while my dad had surgery for a newly diagnosed colon cancer.  He's in rehab now for a couple days to gain strength, then back home.  Thank goodness for my younger brother Howard, who dropped everything and spent every day with us while the other brothers were on vacation.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband who supported me in my craziness, and a wonderful family, and with the beauties of this wonderful world!!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Ann, we felt bad that everything kind of got dumped on you, but you'll never know how grateful we were you were there. If Heather had not been coming up to join us we would have packed up and just come home, but it was good to know you and Howard were both there covering all the bases. Dad is looking unbelievably 100% better from Sunday. I don't think it will be long before he's home from rehab. Wish we had known you were in Yellowstone same time as us. Would have been so fun to share some of the fun!

Seth and Julie said...

You forgot to take your new puppy home with you! Thanks again for watching the little monkeys and for running them to their different activities. Sorry you went home to find Grandpa so sick. We are praying for him.