I caught a glimpse of the future--
Tony and I went to Utah Friday and Saturday. We wanted to spend some time with my folks as well as attend the temple. Our Ward Council has been asked to attend at least monthly, and so far we have. But this time we invited Grandma-Grandma (Loveridge), as well as Liz and Em.
Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful. Liz couldn't go because E had a fever, and Grandpa-Grandpa had to finish the ward bulletin. But G&G and Em and the two of us went.
Grandma is slowing down, and needed a bit more help. As we were sitting in the chapel before the temple session, I glanced over and saw Em and Grandma talking. Maybe it was that Grandma and I share the same color hair, but as I looked over I saw myself talking to one of my granddaughters. Just a glimpse into the future, and I don't know which granddaughter, I just knew it was one of mine. Em has so much love for my mom that it shines through when she is near her, and that love was there. I could feel the love and appreciation for my granddaughter.
None of us knows what the future holds, but in that glimpse of the future, I knew there would be family caring for me just as we are caring for my mom right now.
My mom wants so much to go and do and be with--and though she loved going to the temple, she also commented that now she knows
that she couldn't attend alone, but needs help. Help walking, dressing, standing. I am so grateful that this help is there for her when I can't be.
Happy Mothers' Day to my mom and all the other mothers in my life! And she seemed to enjoy what she is calling her "first ever" taco!
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so glad you got a chance to take your mom with you. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift for all of you. I love your mother like my own and am so grateful she's such an important part of my life, too. You have an awesome family, Ann.
I love grandma! She is so funny. She says that everytime we make taco salds too...
Post a Comment