What a treat I had, being able to be in the delivery room with Emily last Friday. After a very short labor, I was able to watch Griffin come into the world. Once they turned the pitocin up, he was born within a couple hours. He was 7 lb, ll oz. And has lots of hair. They are both doing great!
However, the two grandmas had some "issues". Becky had a dental abscess--had to have antibiotics phoned in while we were in Salt Lake. And I had to call Branch to come get Little Miss, as I was writing in agony with a kidney stone. I ended up in the ER at the U. or U. for treatment. And found out that you CAN drive at freeway speeds while puking your guts out and writing in pain. The instacare near their house couldn't treat the acute pain I had, so they had me go to an ER. With IHC only 5 minutes away, I had to bypass it for the U. My insurance only pays about 50% at IHC, while they completely cover a visit to the U. So--I got to drive while puking--I just about called my friend Marie English to come get me while I was near her exit on I-215, but made it past. Then, I considered calling my former son-in-law Jacob, who lives near the U to come get me, but I didn't want to stop. And no valet parking on weekends, so I got to go around and around the parking garage to find a place to park. After spending the rest of Sunday curled up at Liz's place, I felt much better. But it was an illusion. I woke this morning with a few twinges, that turned into real pain after only a couple hours at work. So--between the lortab and the zofran (for nausea), I passed the day today. Will see someone first thing tomorrow, hopefully get a CT scan, and see what's going on.
But Em CANNOT have more kids--I had a retinal detachment and emergency surgery on my eye with her first child--Sarah ended up going to Dallas when the baby was born, and Tony and I drove there the next week (I couldn't fly for several weeks due to the surgery), and then a kidney stone with this baby.
So Em--hope you only wanted 2 kids!!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yikes, that is some delivery day! I can't believe you didn't call someone to drive for you. Ouch! I better tell Seth to prep for kidney stones. They seem to be common on both sides of his family. I hope you are felling better now.
oops, feeling, not felling. I don't wish for you to fall, it was just a typo.
OH, so painful. Yes, do call anytime. John is also most helpful in a medical emergency. What can we do for you? Please take care of yourself. Thanks for helping birth all the little darlings.
Post a Comment