Friday, April 15, 2011

It will grow out!

Never walk into a walk-in hair salon (because you might get the call to come to Tennessee at any moment, and don't want to make an appointment for next week with your stylist of years) and say "Just trim the ends. Think I'll grow it out a bit". Apparently, in hair speak, that means to cut the heck off your hair until all you have is short, tiny, spiky things and you look like you are ready for Marine boot camp. As I was leaving, I saw my reflection in a window, and all I saw was Leroy Jethro Gibbs (from NCIS). The whole shaved sides and spiky top. With my big ears poking out. I have told Sarah to have the baby soon so I'll have a couple weeks for it to grow out before I go back to work. Anyone got an Easter bonnet I could borrow for a few weeks?

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Oh no! Yeah, I think I'd have a real hard time leaving the pay, let alone a tip on that one! I would say go for it Ann, fume and rage all you want on this one! Thank heavens it will grow out eventually, but wow! I think you are a saint for not yelling! I've got a ways to go.

Julie L said...

(When do we get to see a picture?)

Seth and Julie said...

I just went to the walk in salon today too because I had had it with my split ends and I quit forgetting to call a salon. I also don't want to spend salon prices and guess what? My hair is shorter than expected too. I told her to go shorter but no layers in back because that makes my hair puffy but now I have puffy layers in the back. I'm not mad though because I was SO sick of that same hippie haircut I have had for the last decade and of course IT WILL GROW! It is the perfect time of year for a Spring bonnet though.