Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yellowstone


Yes--we really saw bear in Yellowstone and here's proof! Actually, our trip with Tony's oldest daughter and her family was great! We spent a night in the Tetons, then 3 nights in Yellowstone. We saw some of everything--buffalo, elk, deer, coyote, bear (including watching a mom and her 2 cubs play!), bald eagle, moose (which ran past our vehicle almost close enough to touch), and on the last day as we were leaving, Tony & I saw a wolf!! The year Brody and family came up, we couldn't buy an animal--finally saw an elk at a distance. It was so much fun, roasting marshmallow, making s'mores and banana boats, watching the stars--we're ready to do it again!
Girls' weekend starts Sunday, then we are heading to Lava with Helen and kids (Brody has to work), Sarah and family, Seth and family, Liz and family, and Em and Maya (Branch has to work). Feels like we've reserved all of the KOA there!

1 comment:

Emily said...

HOLY CRAP!! Is that Sam!?! HE IS HUGE! I remember when he was born! I feel so old! How old is he??