Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas memory

In Relief Society yesterday, we were talking of Christmas memories.  Some of the memories brought laughter and some tears.  I shared one of my more tender memories--
Sarah was in Cedar going to school and working.  We knew she couldn't make it home for Christmas that year.  Liz and Em were sad, because she was their big sister and a best friend to both.  I think it was her first year home after her mission, but not sure.
Christmas Eve, Sarah drove all night to get to Wyoming.  She got there in the wee hours of the morning, and took a blanket and pillow, and crashed on the floor under the tree.
In the morning, the first thing Liz and Em saw was their sister, who had sacrificed to make a quick trip to Wyoming to be with them.  What an amazing gift she gave that year!

1 comment:

Sarah E. said...

I remember that one! I drove all night, stopped at Gma L's house to switch cars because I borrowed Uncle Roy's car. (Mine was getting repaired from driving into a ditch...) I slept for an hour or so then took a lot of OJ and set off again. That was also the trip that I got my first deer. With Uncle Roy's car when I was returning the car. I was a mile from his house at a green light. The deer did a roll over and jumped up and ran away. I learned how expensive car headlights are! Despite all that, it was a very special one for me too!