Sunday, October 20, 2013

I am counting days by toilet paper.
We have not sold our house.  Our new house should be done within 60 days.
Every time I get more rolls of toilet paper out and put in the bathroom cabinet, I think to myself "This is the last batch.  Surely our house will sell before we need more."
And then we need more.
So this morning, I brought 4 rolls out.  And thought, "Surely THIS is the last batch".
But, if I allow myself to calm down and ponder, maybe there really is a reason.  Had the original sale gone through, we would have closed on Sept. 30.  And had no place to stay.  Except our camp trailer.  In the WalMart parking lot (well, it would have been at the KOA, but we can dream can't we?).  We would not have had a new house to move into, and it would have taken at least 2 more months to finish.
So I try to sit back and remember the calm we have felt.  And try to remember to have faith.  And try not to panic.
But PLEASE, keep praying we will sell this place!

No comments: