
Yep, I'm going through my second childhood. Flying out to Oregon so I could stay in a yurt--which wasn't on my bucket list only because I don't have a bucket list!! But now--we are going to stay in a HOSTEL!! OK, so only one night. And at Teton Village. And they all have private baths. And a view of the Tetons. But hey--it's $39/night!! The Super 8 in Jackson was $70/night. The rates go up during high seasons, but stay under $100/night year round. And--they have a gathering room, a place to read and sit by the fire. And a grill outside if you want to cook. Not sure about a kitchen--one place said they did, but their website didn't.
So--for our anniversary we are going to spend a couple nights at Old Faithful Inn--now that's on both our "bucket lists". They hardly had any rooms available, but we got two nights, with front views (maybe we'll luck out and have a room with a view of Old Faithful). I tried to talk Tony into the old, original rooms (bathroom down the hall), but got overruled on that. It's pricey, but this will probably be our only time to go there. So first night in a hostel, then 2 nights in Yellowstone!
And the most surprising thing about this trip? I didn't invite ANY of the kids to go with us!

2 comments:
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I think it is called midlife crisis not 2nd childhood. Just kidding! Glad you are out there making memories and experiencing new things.
(Prefer the term second childhood.) That sounds so fun. I've always wanted to stay in a hostel. Not a yurt - at least not before you posted pictures and I saw it really was better than a glorified tent. Now the real fun part of the trip - Old Faithful Inn? Wonderful! We're still trying to figure out some time we can get up to Yellowstone this year, but haven't figured a week to spare. Hey, what if we joined you???? (jk of course)
Post a Comment