Tony's on his way home. He had cancelled his flight because no one thought his dad would live through the night. But he did. And Tony has a job, and has used up a whole bunch of his vacation days. So I got him on a flight and he'll land about midnight. Liz will pick him up and he'll drive to Coalville to crash, as he spent the night last night in the nursing home. Not much sleep. About 11pm last night, Tony's 2 daughters showed up with a lounge chair for him--the nursing home did not have a recliner or hide-a-bed--just the hard chairs. He's going through a very tender time, and it brought him to tears. Have we ever told you that we have the most wonderful kids?
I asked about his pacemaker--and spoke with one of our docs. There is a chance that the pacer would keep the blood pumping enough to keep him alive. He's been in a coma since Sunday, so the hospice nurse was turning the pacer off today. We know we are not in control here. It's hard. The soonest the funeral could be will be next Monday--so will let you know.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, man, after your last post I thought maybe things were actually going to turn around. Let Tony know we love him and our heart goes out to him right now. That's just so hard, but I'm glad his father at least knew he was there before he slipped into the coma. You're in our prayers, both of you.
I am sorry that the turn for the better was short lived but after reading that last post about him going to the cemetary to talk to his wife, it sounds like he is just ready to be reunited with his sweetheart. What a beutiful reunion will shortly take place. Still our prayers are with those left behind.
Post a Comment