

So now can you guess what the English kids' big surprise was? We met them in Birmingham, Alabama and they knew we were coming out to babysit while their mom & dad went on a trip. They found out the night we got there that we were going to Disney World. They didn't realize that they had paid for their own admission ticket by making blankets for Project Linus. Disney is giving away one million admissions for volunteers, and the only thing either of us could do without traveling 3 hours was make homemade blankets. So--free admission!! We had t-shirts made for them that said "I'm an Englishtree, with my G&G, having lots of fun at Disney" Unfortunately, when I washed the shirts at the hotel the next day, the dryer was apparently VERY hot, and melted the "Disney" part. Oh well--what fun we had. We stayed at the Nickelodeon Hotel, which they enjoyed almost as much as Disney. When we have a few minutes, I will do a slide show of pics. Suffice it to say, we had a BLAST, and so did the kids!

4 comments:
They did have a blast! We played Disney haunted mansion clue today and they sat around the game board and pointed out all of the parts they saw at Disney World. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
SO FUN!!!! What an awesome surprise. What fabulous grandparents, to not only babysit, but make a vacation out of it. Can't wait to see more pics.
Way fun! That definitely beats staying at home with the kids! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they found out what was happening. Look at the grins!
Thank you for your time and energy in making everyone's lives happier. I'm so glad you still have the energy to have so much fun.
I hope you got lots of pictures for us. xoxo
Post a Comment