Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tetons or Bust

Our grand camping adventure is just over 2 weeks away and we are getting SO excited! The river rafting trip will probably be on Monday, July 28. We are hoping that Jacob will be able to come up and spend some time with us and go rafting--Liz said she'll go if Jacob does. Wonder who will watch Ellie for her?? Twist my arm! We will get to see Maya (haven't seen her since April) and Alyssa, Alex and Chloe (haven't seen them since February. This grandma can't wait to have 3 babies and 2 older grandkids around.
We got some concerning news today. Sam (age 12), in Cleveland, was just admitted to the hospital with MRSA (that super bug you hear about) in his knee. He crashed on his bike a couple weeks ago, and now has an infection. He's being treated with IV antibiotics, and says he's feeling fine.
On the work front--good news for Tony. He will be a full-time employee starting next week. He's been working full time for quite a while, but now will get the benefits and the vacation time we've been hoping for. And I'm pretty much off the ER floor--doing Trauma and Nursing Orientation, with a few shifts in the ER each month.
We looked at Sarah's garden pictures, and were pretty discouraged by our garden. The best thing there are the potatoes--I had a few old potatoes, so I cut them up and planted them. They are more than a foot tall now. Everything else is inches tall, but at least it's growing.
Just to let anyone know--there's room for more in the Tetons, so come on up!

2 comments:

Emily said...

MRSA!! Yikes! I hate the thought of MRSA!

I am so excited for the tetons, but mostly for seeing everyone. Yeah, I am so excited!

Sarah E. said...

We really wish we could be there!!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!